A recent Citizen comment:
"Where is the $ going to put sidewalks in where children are dumped off of school bus's everyday. For years now I have watched children leave a bus and walk in the street or a ditch on 121st, a very busy street, after school. I keep hearing something is in place to put a side walk in...yet the budget keeps going elsewhere to things like Walmart, street fairs that are lame ???? Are we so busy worrying about bringing in business that important simple things like sidewalks are being ignored????" - a Tigard resident
Questions for Every Tigard Resident:
- Are you concerned that traffic in the City will continue to get worse?
- Have you been wondering why the City doesn't have any money to fix the street nearby, yet there's always money to improve roads near big developments like Walmart?
- Have you wondered why the City's Library must be closed on Thursdays, and has to operate under reduced hours?
- Have you wondered why the Police Department hasn't added any officers for years, even though the city is growing?
- Have you wondered why the City keeps trying to 'revitalize' downtown, but nothing really changes?
We've been asking these questions too.